Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Out of Order

I'd been standing in waist deep ice water for over thirty minutes. I had my waders on but the water was still cold enough to send an occasional chill up my spine. I was casting to the end of the dock at Branson Landing. I'd been casting for more than half an hour and I couldn't get more than a tug every now and again.

I knew my bait was correct. I'd done my homework. It just wasn't working. My step-dad was watching me from the railing. "Franklin," I said, "I don't know what else to do?" He leaned over the railing and said, Switch the order. Try putting the powerbait on first and tip the hook with the worm."

What could it hurt? I switched the order. I caught a fish on the next cast and the next, and the next, and the next... I caught fish until I ran out of light. I had things out of order. I got the order correct and the rest was easy.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matt. 6.33

Borrowed from my good friend Robert Leonard...thanks Rob!

No comments: