Monday, May 5, 2008

A Knight's tale


Have you ever had one of those days? It seems as if I have had more than a week of them.

Things get frantic, not enough time, too much to do and if you're like me, it's so easy to lose track of who I'm depending on. If I don't watch it, I'll start working through my own strength and my own flesh...call it pride, call it being a man, call it "hard-headed" (thanks Joyce!)

I think for me, I kinda like coming in at the last minute and "rescuing" a situation, but when you operate in the flesh, it's easy to "give out".

Over the next few days, I'm making a concerted effort to depend on God more and on Jeff less. I'm putting my shining armor in the dry cleaners and giving my white horse a couple of days off to rest and I'm practicing the fine art of saying "no". For those of you who know me, you know that's gonna take some work.

The Bible tells us not to be weary in well-doing, but it also teaches us that the fruits of the spirit come through the true vine, not a result of ourselves but a result of being attached firmly to the vine.

Father, forgive me for working in the flesh. Help me to depend more on You and less on me. There's lots less chance for error that way. Thanks for being there and being so dependable!

Have a great day...depending on Him!

No comments: