Saturday, October 22, 2016

An Odd Day in the Life...

Today is just a rather odd day. I’m still reeling from the news of Janice Francis’ unexpected passing yesterday, plus was informed by Facebook that it’s been two years since Karen Bell passed away. It seems that I’ve have so many dear friends that have gone on, but I am just trying to stay hopeful and positive to inspire those that are still around to live for Christ and know that when each of our time here has gone - that, we too, fly to the arms of Jesus.

I’ve just returned from what is probably the last motorcycle ride I’ll ever take. I rode my bike up to the Drasco Trading Post to put it on their sales floor. It was a beautiful day for a ride and the ride was, thankfully, uneventful. But by the time I arrived my arthritis had caused nearly every joint to feel as if it were on fire. That just helped make the decision to sell the bike easier. It’s been a good 10 year run as a biker, a few broken bones and road rashes that all healed, but I’m just not willing to gamble with my physical well-being any longer. I appreciate my buddy, Walter, following me up and giving me a ride back home. Now if the bike will sell, and my house will sell, we can get on with the relocation project to Benton where we minister at Sharon Baptist Church.

I was also reminded today that 16 years ago I began serving Faith Baptist Church in North Little Rock. What a great 14 1/2 years that was. I was so blessed to work with some awesome people and serve an awesome church. We’ve been at Sharon a little over a year and a half and we continue to be so blessed to be able to minister in one of the Lord’s churches.

Life on this earth can be hard, what with saying goodbye to those who go on before us, and with the physical challenges of getting older, but I’m planning to “go until He comes and serve until He stops me.” I’m about to head to Benton tonight to share Sharon church (and more importantly to share Jesus) with those who I see at “Spook City” in downtown Benton, then another wonderful Sunday tomorrow. 

God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good. I hope you know Him! If not, won’t you let me introduce Him to you?

Drinking from the saucer, ‘cos my cup has overflowed,

Jeff Hulsizer, worshipper

1 comment:

pat couch laster said...

So, so glad this appeared on my newsfeed (or whatever it's called) Can't believe you are old enough to be suffering with arthritis, but, hey, I guess you're around Gordon's age--55? Arthritis can be assuaged, right? Had no reason (to know) that you are/were a biker.
Speaking of houses in Benton, there's a new subdivision, Olde Salem Township north of me if you haven't found anything. Annamarie/Jon are also looking for a different home.
I retired from my career (avocation?) as church musician in 2009. Have published 3 books since 2010 and am working on a memoir.
May God's blessings continue to fall on you/ yours and your service. xoxoPatPaulusLaster