Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Faith

I realize that yesterday’s post aluded to the fact that I would talk about Easter this week. My mind has been changed at least for today. Our dear sister Catluv has endured a great deal of pain and loss in her life. Currently her brother Charlie is clinging to life at UAMS, on a ventilator with a vein disease that won’t let him process oxygen to his body. On the surface things may look terribly grave, but there is story after story in the Bible that reminds us, "It ain’t over ’til it’s over".

The boys that carried their friend on a mat to the house in which Jesus was preaching were rewarded for the faith that told them to get their friend to Jesus. They literally tore the roof of that house to lower their friend down to the healing hands of Jesus.

The Roman centurion had enough faith to just ask Jesus to heal his servant, he knew that Jesus could do it "long-distance". His faith was rewarded.

The woman who followed the multitude hoping only to touch the hem of his garment finally got that chance and her desire was fulfilled.

Even Mary and Martha, they had buried their brother Lazarus and he had lain in the grave for 3 days (and behold he stinketh--[I love that verse]) but Jesus went to the door of the crypt and called him back to life.

Long story short. The opera ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings. And things within the kingdom of God ain’t over ’til the king says so.

My prayer for Charlie is a prayer for deliverance. If God chooses to deliver him by healing his body, I know that He can certainly do it. There is NOTHING greater than the power of my God. If God chooses to deliver Charlie by taking him home, as much as the separation from his loved ones would hurt...there is no doubt he will have been delivered and will be in a far better place.

I know what I wish, and I’m sure I know what Janie and her family would wish and that’s ok. But I also know where our faith lies...in the hands of the Great Physician and whatever He decides is the right decision...every time. It may not be comfortable or convenient, but only He sees the BIG PICTURE.

God bless you Catluv...and God bless Charlie.

No comments: